On Prospero, the psykers of the Thousand Sons face the ultimate censure for their forbidden studies. The Primarch Leman Russ is sent to punish them by any means necessary – at his command, fire rains from the skies as his Space Wolves fleet bombards Prospero over and over, reducing the world of the Thousand Sons to ash. Tizca, city of glass pyramids and golden hopes, is protected from the fires by a vast force field of telekinetic power. So it is that the Space Wolves bring the Sisters of Silence, anti-psykers anathema to all who channel the Warp, and the Custodian Guard, shining heroes who are the elite blades of the Emperor himself to Prospero, there to attempt the riddance of the Thousand Sons forever.
The Horus Heresy: Burning of Prospero is a game of running battles set in a city torn apart by a fiery cataclysm, featuring six scenarios designed to stretch the strategic nous of two players. One player controls the Space Marines of the Thousand Sons, reality-twisting psychic superhumans, and one controls the Space Wolves, Sisters of Silence and Custodian Guard. It’s a fast-paced game full of strategic decisions, with the strengths and weaknesses of both sides meaning tactics and foresight are just as important as lucky dice rolls.
Inside The Horus Heresy: Burning of Prospero, you’ll find:
Detailed plastic Citadel Miniatures:
- Geigor Fell-Hand, powerful champion of the Space Wolves, armed with lightning claw and boltgun;
- Azhek Ahriman, Chief Librarian of the Thousand Sons, wielding a heqa staff and bolt pistol;
- a Legio Custodes Squad, consisting of a Shield-Captain and 4 Custodian Guard;
The Legio Custodes Squad comes with
- 5 guardian spears,
- 5 sentinel blades,
- 5 storm shields,
- 6 ceremonial daggers,
- a custodes vexilla,
as well as 5 helmeted heads and 2 bare heads;
- a Silent Sisterhood Squad, consisting of 1 Sister Superior and 4 Sisters of Silence;
The Silent Sisterhood Squad comes with
- 6 executioner greatswords,
- 5 Umbra-pattern boltguns,
- 5 flamers;
These can be assembled as Vigilators, who specialise in melee and carry executioner greatswords, Prosecutors, who operate more flexibly and carry bolters for longer-range combat and Witchseekers, who carry flamers for devastating multi-target assaults.
The Squad includes 8 heads, and a further 2 head options for the Sister Superior.
- 30 Legion Veteran Tactical Space Marines in MkIII ‘Iron’ Power Armour – these are split into a 10-man Loyalist force and a 20-man Traitor force.
Each set of 10 comes with
- 10 Phobos-pattern bolters,
- 11 chainswords (one left-handed, allowing a Sergeant to take 2 chainswords),
- 1 heavy bolter,
- 1 power sword,
- 1 power fist,
- 1 Phobos-pattern bolt pistol,
- 1 plasma pistol,
- 1 lightning claw,
- 1 melta gun,
- 1 plasma gun,
- 1 Legion Vexila;
as well as 12 helmeted heads and 2 bare heads, with an included transverse helmet crest.
- 5 Tartaros Terminators, who come with
- 5 combi-bolters,
- 5 pairs of power fists,
- 5 pairs of lightning claws,
- 5 left-hand chainfist attachments,
- 1 reaper autocannon,
- 1 plasma blaster,
- 1 heavy flamer,
- 1 grenade harness;
One Terminator can be assembled as a Sergeant, who can be assembled with
- 1 power sword,
- a unique torso front, loin cloth and shoulder pads,
- a volkite charger;
There are also 6 helmeted heads, and 1 bare head.
- a 16-page book covering the story behind Burning of Prospero;
- a 32-page rulebook;
- 15 Psychic Power cards;
- 36 Warp Energy and Willpower cards;
- 5 detailed, double-sided board tiles representing the buildings of Prospero;
- 24 dice – an assortment of D6, D8, D10 and D12’s;
- a transfer sheet.